Monday, August 17, 2009

And now for something a little different...

Now, I'm all for cursing Mary, my assistant Mar(t)y McFly is also all for cursing Mary.
Basically, we are so much for cursing Mary and Mary's damnation, we have a blog about it.

But what does it really mean?

And this is where I turn to my good friend Wikipedia...

"Damnation" is the concept of condemnation by God such that results in a being's punishment. (Mark 3:29)

The word "damn" is widely used as a moderate profanity. With the God Damn being much more offensive, if you are American. They censor out the God part, which lead to the Firefly creation of Gorran or something, I don't remember. Firefly is overrated. That's right. I said it. Firefly is over rated! Maybe it's Gorram... I'm going to have to Google this. Excuse me for a moment.

Ok, I'm back, Google informs me it is "Goram" and I shall remember this from now on as "GO! Ram!" If I'm feeling joyful at the time it will become "Go Go Ram, you know what they say". For some nerdish fake swearing here it is "Goram motherfrakkers".

Sorry, where was I before my nerdish ways took over?

oh, damnation.
It's basically condemnation by either people or God. Originally it came from the God fearers where the thing they generally fear is well damnation and then it entered into the vernacular to just people for the condemnation of other things, such as "a damning report".

Once again, thank you Wikipedia for expanding my knowledge.

I am going to use it as the mild profanity, because any thing less mild goes into a whole different territory and I'm not for one with dealing with those complaints and lewd comments.
Plus, I want to keep the friendly to the kids.

One must keep in mind the only regular reader of this I know of is only 13.

I need to find older friends...
Or become a creepier old friend.

I'll work on it.

In the mean time. Hey Mary! Just go Damn your self!
Or Dam yourself!

And scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment